| Read Time: 2 minutes
Featured Image Accident Reports

If you’ve ever experienced a car accident, you understand that police officers play a large part after the crash. Whether you’re in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, officers will almost always arrive at the scene to do their jobs and collect information. Your SAPD police report is an essential and necessary part of your claim.

What Is a Crash Report?

When you are involved in a car accident, one party typically calls the police. The police then report to the scene of the accident and gather information that is eventually turned into a car accident report. This report contains the relevant and important information regarding your car crash, including: 

  • Driver information, including names, ages, and driver license;
  • Vehicle information, including make, model, VIN number, license plate, and insurance;
  • Date, time, and location of the accident;
  • Details and contributing factors of the crash; and
  • Any injuries sustained.

Police officers try to be as thorough as possible when collecting information for an accident report. These reports can later play a significant role in your claim.

There Are Multiple Ways to Get Your San Antonio Crash Report

In San Antonio, TX, there are multiple ways to get a car accident report. You can typically do so in person, online, or by mail. After an accident, it can take up to seven business days for your report to become available, as this gives the officer some time to enter the information into the system and generate your report.

Get Your SAPD Police Report in Person

You can visit the San Antonio Police Department Headquarters in person, located at 315 S. Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78207. The Records office is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM. To reach them by phone, their number is 210-207-7598

It is important to note accident report requests cannot be made over the phone.

Get Your Accident Report Online

The SAPD has an open records requests online portal, which you can use to request your car accident report. Once you’ve created an account, you will have to answer various questions before you submit your request. Once you’ve submitted it, you can log back into the portal to check the status of your request.

Get Your San Antonio Accident Report by Mail

To request your accident report by mail, you’ll need to download and fill out a crash report request form. You can then mail your completed request form to 315 S. Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78207. Along with your form, be sure to include $6 in cash, check, or money order.

A San Antonio Attorney Can Help

While you can request your own SAPD records, your lawyer can also take care of this for you. Your attorney will work diligently to build a strong case, and a crash report is a big part of it. Keep in mind that time is of the essence, and there are time limits on the amount of time you have to file your claim after a car accident. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

The Zimmerman Law Firm, P.C., has over 85 years of combined experience helping clients in Texas. We strive to make every client feel heard and understood, while providing the best legal representation. After an accident, count on us to help you. Contact us today, and let’s begin working on your case.

Rate this Post

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars