Do I have a case?
If you’ve been injured and it’s someone else fault you probably do. Questions like whether your auto injury claim is actionable and how much it is worth depends on the specific facts of your case.
Is a lawyer really necessary?
They don’t want you to know that folks who hire an auto injury attorney for their claims and get an average of three times more money than those who don’t. You need to know your rights before trying to deal with an auto insurance company on your own. Remember, insurance companies profit by not paying you fairly for your claim.
What will hiring a lawyer cost me?
At The Zimmerman Law Firm located in Waco, we only get paid if we get you results. We will never ask you to pay us anything out of pocket. In fact, since our fee depends on how much we make insurance companies pay, you can really count on us to fight for you!
Can I settle without taking anyone to court?
Yes, you can. In fact, the vast majority of our cases settle without filing a lawsuit. That’s because at The Zimmerman Law Firm, we know that the key to getting fair value for your claim is for the auto insurance company to know that we have the resources, ability and willingness to take cases the insurance company undervalues to jury trial.
How do I obtain a police report?
You can usually get a copy of the Texas Peace Officer’s Crash Report from the agency that came to the scene within a few days of your wreck. We’re happy to get a copy for you! If you call for an appointment with The Zimmerman Law Firm, we will get a copy for you free.
Does it matter when I see a doctor?
Yes, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as you are injured. You shouldn’t have to wait to see a doctor if you have been hurt by someone else wrongdoing. The at-fault driver’s insurance company will not pay to send you to a doctor. They would prefer for you not to see a doctor and will use any delay in seeking medical attention against you. So go see your doctor immediately after you are hurt! Every visit yields valuable evidence about your injuries.
What do I need to do?
- Seek medical treatment for the injured.
- Call the police. They can ensure that you obtain the information you need to help us win your case. Politely ask the responding officer if they will complete a full crash report.
- Take pictures of the scene, the vehicles, and especially your injuries.
- Gather contact information from witnesses, the other driver and their insurance company if you can.
- Save any paperwork or notes you make or receive at the scene, that you receive from medical providers, or that you get later in the mail.
What shouldn’t I do?
- Avoid posting information or pictures of your accident on social media.
- Don’t talk to the other driver’s insurance company before you speak to a Zimmerman Law Firm attorney and know your rights!
Call The Zimmerman Law Firm in Waco at 254-752-9688 or 1-800-INJURIES, or email us your questions. Ask to set up a no-charge, no-obligation consultation.