Voted Best Attorney
J.D. Ressetar is a 1996 graduate of Texas Christian University and a 2009 graduate of Baylor University School of Law. He has broad experience representing individuals in litigation and arbitration matters. J.D. has successfully prosecuted hundreds of claims involving serious personal injury, wrongful death and product liability.
J.D. is a member of the McLennan County and American Bar Associations and the State Bar of Texas. He joined the firm in 2009 and was named a partner in 2014.
Prior to law school, J.D. worked as an investment analyst in New York City, where he earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) designation. Due to working in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, he moved from New York City to Denver to join an insurance consulting firm.
Mr. Ressetar and his wife, Chelsa, married in 2004 and have three daughters.
Areas Of Practice
- Automobile Wrecks
- Work Injuries
- Premise Liability
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- Major: Finance and Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- McLennan County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Employee Benefit Design, Inc., Vice President , 2002 to 2007
- The DAIS Group, Associate, 1998 to 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Waco Convention and Visitors Bureau Advisory Board Member, 2016 to Present
- Waco Montessori School, Board of Trustees, 2012 to 2015
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Licensed to sell Health and Life Insurance in Texas and Colorado